Guardium gathers a large amount of data about your database environment. You use reports and queries to learn the details of your data security environment. In this virtual lab, you create a dashboard, simple query, and report that is used to examine user data you generate.
In this video, you learn about the Windows S-TAP debug log changes that were implemented in Guardium versions 10 to 11.
Guardium data security policies help flag suspicious database activity and events. In this virtual lab, you create a policy that will detect and alert on database login failures that occur multiple times over a short time period.
It is easy to use the predefined alerts in Guardium. In this course, you to learn about the different Guardium alert types and how to use them to monitor your Guardium ecosystem.
This video demonstrates how to create, configure, and view a Guardium real-time alert when it triggers.
This video demonstrates how to configure a Guardium correlation alert and view the alert after it triggers.
Organizations have many goals for monitoring data servers. These goals require many rules, some of which apply to a broad set of data servers, and some of which might apply to only one or a few data servers.
In this video, you learn how to organize these rules into a series of policies to optimize maintainability.
- Data-centric security approach
- Partnership with STEALTHbits
- Data Protection for Files, NAS, and SharePoint
- File Discovery, Entitlement, and Classification (FDEC)
- File Activity Monitoring (FAM)
IBM Guardium 10.6 has a new query and report builder. This builder incorporates many of the 10.x design features, including a format that presents configuration options as sections, as well as an intuitive, step-by-step guide to create and configure the query and report. Additionally, the report is automatically generated from the query, rather than requiring an additional step. If the query is modified, the report is automatically regenerated when the query is saved.
In this set of exercises, you will create a query and report which show SQL commands. Then you will generate data to test the report and view the results.
- Create a query and report which shows SQL commands executed on a monitored database server
- Test the query and report, viewing the results
Starting with version 10.6, IBM Guardium has a new policy builder. This builder incorporates many of the 10.x design features, including a format that presents configuration options as sections, and an intuitive, step-by-step guide to create and configure the policy.
- Describe the differences between the new and legacy user interfaces
- Create a policy that logs any attempt by a group of privileged users to run an INSERT command on a sensitive database table
- Generate data to test the policy
- View the results