Data Security Courses:
IBM Guardium 10.6 has a new query and report builder. This builder incorporates many of the 10.x design features, including a format that presents configuration options as sections, as well as an intuitive, step-by-step guide to create and configure the query and report. Additionally, the report is automatically generated from the query, rather than requiring an additional step. If the query is modified, the report is automatically regenerated when the query is saved.
In this set of exercises, you will create a query and report which show SQL commands. Then you will generate data to test the report and view the results.
- Create a query and report which shows SQL commands executed on a monitored database server
- Test the query and report, viewing the results
Starting with version 10.6, IBM Guardium has a new policy builder. This builder incorporates many of the 10.x design features, including a format that presents configuration options as sections, and an intuitive, step-by-step guide to create and configure the policy.
- Describe the differences between the new and legacy user interfaces
- Create a policy that logs any attempt by a group of privileged users to run an INSERT command on a sensitive database table
- Generate data to test the policy
- View the results
Configuring and validating the Alert and Anomaly Detection engines is one of the first steps when you are configuring Guardium alerts. In this video, you learn how to configure and validate the Alert and Anomaly Detection engines.
The information in this Open Mic will help keep you out of trouble and possibly rescue you in the case of full appliance issues.
- First Response
- Getting to Root Cause
- Questions & Answers
In the follow-up to the Open Mic, John spends time answering audience questions on that and other topics.
- Reboot the appliance
- Issues with fixes
- The Discovery engine
- High CPU
|Appliance patch levels
||Auto stop services
|Purge periods||Policy tuning
||Database percent used
|Top database tables
||Aggregation / archive logs
|Disk & Database Health Analyzer
- Identify symptoms that indicate the Guardium database is getting full
- Describe possible reasons the database utilization increases
- Navigate through decision points to determine how to take preventive or corrective action
- Troubleshoot based on the scenario you are experiencing
- Prepare the required information to present to Guardium Technical Support, if needed
Updating your Guardium environment is an important part of maintaining your site, and can provide new features and enhancements as well as fixing bugs. In this video series, you learn how to download a Guardium patch from IBM Fix Central and upload patch files to your Guardium environment.
In this Tech Talk, Shay Harel discusses several new IBM Guardium 10.6 enhancements that improve usability, core functionality and enable greater extensibility to new types of data environments. In the area of usability, there is a new policy builder user interface, as well as easier to use query report builder. There are new monitoring capabilities for Database as a Service. In addition, Guardium performance has been enhanced. Vulnerability assessment has improved accuracy and scan granularity. File access management with NAS and SharePoint enables consistent data protection across unstructured as well as structured data.