IBM Security Privilege Manager provides endpoint privilege management and application control.
Privilege Manager Courses:
This video provides an overview of the IBM Security Secret Server's Privilege Manager component. The following topics are covered in this video:
Privilege Manager Overview
- local account/group management
- application control
- application policies
- white/black/grey listing
- application reputation checking
- event discovery
- application events discovery
- Privilege Manager Server
- Privilege Manager Agent
- Know how to provide criteria that needs to be met for a policy
- Understand what happens to applications that the policy applies to
- Learn what is a Privilege Manager policy
- Know what the policy types are for Privilege Manager
- Understand how to configure a Privilege Manager policy
- Learn how to create a Privilege Manager policy
- Understand why Privilege Manager policy priority matters
- Understand how to send policies to endpoints using Privilege Manager
In this video, you learn how to configure Active Directory in Privilege Manager.
In this video, you learn about Privilege Manager file upload and event discovery.
Objectives:After completing these videos, you will be able to:
- Know the system requirements for a Privilege Manager installation
- Perform an installation of Privilege Manager
- Know how to install agents through the bundle installer
This course provides an overview of Privilege Manager and describes key terms used in the environment.
In this video, you learn about Privilege Manager reports.
In this course, you learn how to upgrade Privilege Manager using suggested best practices.
- Know the requirements for the Application Control Mobile App
- Understand how to configure the Application Control Mobile App
- Know what actions you can perform in the Application Control Mobile App, including set the company ID, login, create a pin code, handle approval requests, disclose passwords, and manage alerts
Blacklisting is a powerful policy, which denies applications from running based on your application's attributes, file hash, location, or certificates. In this course, you will see two examples of blacklisting.
- Learn how to integrate Privilege Manager with Secret Server
- Use Secret Server as Privilege Manager's storage container for credentials
- Understand how the REST API is used for communication with Privilege Manager from Secret Server
In this course, you will learn how to assign elevation policies in order to grant users increased privileges for
certain applications without giving them full rights.
In this course, you will learn how to create a "catch-all" policy. This type of policy gathers information about other executables in your environment that are not satisfied by other policies.
Learn about local security with in Privilege Manager. You will learn about local users, local groups and computer groups.
Learn about personas in Privilege Manager.
Personas are collections of privileges for specific roles in the organization.
Learn about Privilege Manager reverse proxy. Reverse proxy acts as a buffer between Privilege Manager agents and the Privilege Manager server.
Learn about integration between ServiceNow and Privilege Manager. ServiceNow provides service management software as a service.
Learn about basic troubleshooting techniques in Privilege Manager.
Learn how to integrate VirusTotal and Privilege Manager. VirusTotal aggregates many antivirus products and online scan engines to check for viruses that the user's own antivirus may have missed.
Whitelisting allows applications to run in your environment. In this course, you will see two examples of whitelisting.
This webinar provides a high-level overview of Privilege Manager policies. The topics covered include:
- What are Privilege Manager Policies? What defines a Policy?
- The Privilege Manager Policies Setup Process
- Policies Types - Privilege Manager Application Dashboard
- Policies Best Practices
This video details how to plan for and complete the installations for Secret Server and Privilege Manager.
Duration: 26 minutes