Integrated Security Solutions
- Part 1 demonstrates the integration of QRadar Advisor with Watson with Resilient functionality. QRadar with Watson provides artificial intelligence to automatically investigate and provide insights to threat indicators and related entities. Integration with Resilient allows the security analyst to automatically track and enrich incident artifacts and reporting.
- Part 2 demonstrates how to use Resilient as a workflow automation tool to enhance the analyst's ability to manage the response to the more complex threats that require more than the actions allowed directly from within QRadar.
This lab demonstrates bidirectional integration of IBM® QRadar® SIEM and IBM® Guardium®. QRadar SIEM collects the logs from various devices in enterprise networks. The logs are received through connectors called Device Support Module (DSM). QRadar has a DSM for Guardium. That DSM enables QRadar to receive and process logs from Guardium.
Alternatively, Guardium has an API that provides an option for QRadar to react to certain events detected by QRadar, and send Guardium those commands to adjust the database policy to properly react to the event. For example, if QRadar detects that the source IP from an internal network is communicating with an IP address classified as the Botnet Server, it can send a command to Guardium to block any access to the database from the same IP address. The call from QRadar to Guardium can be done using the Custom Actions feature of QRadar or using IBM Security Directory Integrator® (IDI) that acts as the proxy; transforming various events from QRadar into Guardium API calls.
This IDI solution uses custom
developed code that IBM provides as-is without any support and
maintenance commitments. You can download the code from the Security
Learning Academy in the Additional Resources section of this course.
This course shows you how to integrate a scanner, such as IBM Security AppScan, with QRadar SIEM. This integration can help you correlate vulnerabilities discovered by the scanner with other log sources, such as IBM XGS, to protect your network assets from the attack at the application level.
This learning module demonstrates the integration of IBM Guardium and IBM IGI products to support the GDPR compliance initiative on structure data. The solution provides a custom developed AssemblyLine that runs in IBM Directory Integrator (IDI), and an IBM Identity Governance and Intelligence (IGI) Custom Adapter that requires IBM Directory Server and IDI to run.
The integration goal is to identify GDPR sensitive data using a provided sample database using IBM Guardium. Guardium then exports a report that contains users who have access to tables with GDPR relevant data. Then, the IGI Custom Adapter imports these reports into IGI for further compliance and access management.
The course provides a lab environment where the integration can be tested and demonstrated.
Also, if you do not have time to run the lab, you can review the videos that demonstrate all steps in the lab.The additional learning section provides a custom AssemblyLine and a custom IGI adapter as-is with no IBM support. You can provide feedback to the Security Learning Academy if you have any issues with the code.
This video series shows you how to integrate BigFix with MaaS360 to provide a side by side view of MaaS360 managed devices and BigFix managed endpoints in the
BigFix Console. BigFix Administrators
can view MaaS360 devices and take limited actions on them from the BigFix
This course includes two technical demonstrations that highlight how Carbon Black Response and IBM QRadar SIEM integrate to quickly detect, respond, and remediate live security incidents. This integration is part of the long standing strategic partnership between Carbon Black and IBM.
This video is a demonstration highlighting the tight integration between Carbon Black Response, IBM BigFix, and QRadar. This demo shows the value of recording what happens on endpoints at all times, so that you can quickly detect and respond to security incidents, remediate your environment, and improve the security posture of your organization.
This video series demonstrates integration between IBM MaaS360 and IBM QRadar SIEM. It includes the following demonstrations:
- MaaS360 and QRadar Integration overview
- Sending MaaS360 events to QRadar SIEM
- Installing the MaaS360 app
- Using QRadar Action Script with MaaS360 API
Prerequisites: This video series assumes that you have the following skills:
- Basic knowledge of QRadar SIEM concepts
- Basic knowledge of the MaaS360 portal
- Basic knowledge of Python scripting
For more information about these topics, visit the QRadar SIEM and MaaS360 roadmaps in the Security Learning Academy.
In this 4-part video series Jose Bravo demonstrates how you can detect and stop Ransomware from propagating by integrating IBM QRadar SIEM and IBM BigFix.
In a bonus video we describe an extended scenario integrating QRadar, XGS and BigFix helping with phishing and ransomware.
IBM believes that companies using point solutions cannot effectively combat advanced threats. These organizations should look at their security assets as organs in the human body, interacting with each other to fight disease and improve health. Integrated security solutions and security analytics are the key to a healthy Security Immune System.
This presentation delves into the integration points within the IBM Security Immune System, with a focus on architecture and technical details. Security architects and security analysts will find this session a strong introduction to building real-world security for their enterprise.
This course demonstrates how IBM X-Force PAM engine works in IBM Security Access Manager (ISAM) appliance. The course is the how-to lab guide with the set of virtual machines that students can explore on they own time.
This self-paced learning content represents an integration scenario that uses IBM Privileged Identify Manager (PIM), IBM Guardium, IBM Network Protection (XGS), IBM QRadar, and IBM Directory Integrator (IDI). The course includes three videos that depict a database administrator interacting with the system. Watch the videos in the following order:
1) Testing Initial PIM and Guardium Setup – This video shows the basic functionality of PIM and Guardium without implementing integration between them.
2) Testing PIM and Guardium Integration – This video shows the benefits of integrating PIM and Guardium. There is no direct integration path between the two products. QRadar and IDI are used to bridge integration gaps between PIM and Guardium.
3) Testing a Complete Integration Solution– This video shows a fully integrated security solution. It includes the XGS appliance that terminates any existing connection from the database administrator workstation to the database server.
This course also includes an Integration Guide that documents the configuration steps necessary to integrate the products. It also includes the IDI.zip file that contains the custom files, including developed IDI assembly lines, necessary to successfully implement this integration scenario.
IBM Security products can be used to manage user
activity on the network. This course focuses on using IBM XGS, Identity Manager, and
Directory Integrator to control user access.
This course teaches you how to take advantage of the information posted in IBM X-Force Exchange (XFE) platform by using the API, curl tool, and python language.
The course also demonstrates integration between XFE and QRadar SIEM using XFE SDK and direct integration or Threat Intelligence Application and TAXII endpoints.
- Learn how to leverage the X-Force Exchange API, curl tool, and python scripts to pull threat data from the X-Force Exchange platform
- Install the Threat Intelligence app in QRadar SIEM
- Test the API using online documentation
- Use curl commands and the X-Force Exchange API documentation to simulate browser requests
- Write a python script that uses X-Force Exchange API code
- Use TAXII feeds, collections, and the QRadar Threat Intelligence app to integrate the X-Force Exchange API and QRadar SIEM
- Configure threat data feeds to monitor and detect ransomware outbreaks
course demonstrates how IBM i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis (EIA) and
IBM i2 Analyst's Notebook can enrich the analysis of an IBM QRadar
offense by curating and importing data from several disparate sources
into the EIA Information Store. In this use case, data from multiple
sources is imported into i2 Analyst's Notebook where you use link
analysis to uncover connections and networks among different entities as
well as behavior patterns.
Among the topics that you will cover in this course are:
- Using the Offense Investigator app to bring a QRadar offense into i2 Analyst's Notebook (ANB) and expanding on an offense
- Connecting to (EIA) from i2 Analyst's Notebook to to find data using Search and Visual Search tools from the Home toolbar
- Using Expand and Expand with Conditions to bring linked items from the EIA Information Store into an ANB chart to visualize connections
- Using i2 Analyst's Notebook analysis tools and the Analyze toolbar features like Search, List Items, Bar Charts and Histograms, Find Connecting Network
- Bringing data from multiple sources into one analytical investigation to shut down security breaches and to find out who is behind them and why
The IBM Security Immune System looks at a security portfolio in an organized fashion - as an integrated framework of security capabilities that transmits and ingests vital security data to help gain visibility, understand, and prioritize threats, and coordinate multiple layers of defense. At its core, the system automates policies and block threats - just as the human immune system can assess and identify a virus and then trigger an immune response.
This lab demonstrates how IBM BigFix ® App for QRadar® enhances security intelligence of managed endpoints. You learn how endpoint information, such as vulnerabilities, patching status, software installed, and file hashes, are provided to
the Security Analyst using the QRadar SIEM console. This lab contains a video that provides an overview of BigFix App for QRadar, an installation video, and a hands-on section that gives you practice with the app's functions.
Explain the value of IBM BigFix App for QRadar during investigation and remediation
Install the BigFix App for QRadar
Use the hands-on lab environment that has BigFix Platform and BigFix App for QRadar installed to perform the following tasks:
Manage the distribution of patches and review vulnerability data on endpoints
Incorporate endpoint data gathered by BigFix Inventory using a default fixlet named Initiate Software Scan and a custom fixlet
Leverage endpoint compliance status information
Use X-Force Threat Intelligence data to verify the reputation of file hashes on endpoints
Enable or disable antivirus on Windows endpoints
This video is a technical demonstration in which IBM Resilient and Carbon Black Response detect, respond, and remediate a live security incident. This integration is part of the long standing strategic partnership between Carbon Black and IBM.
This video is a technical demonstration of the integration between Carbon Black Response, IBM Resilient, and QRadar to detect, respond, and remediate a live security incident. This integration is part of the long standing strategic partnership between Carbon Black and IBM.
This course consists of a set of videos related to basic LDAP topics.
The course is focused on IBM Security Directory Server, but the concepts
are applicable to any LDAP v3 compliant directory. You learn about LDAP
suffixes, directory information tree, object classes and attributes.
The videos demonstrate basic LDAP commands: search, add, modify and
delete. The video also explains concept of LDIF flies.
In this lab, you learn how to use the User Behavior Analytics for QRadar (UBA) application to detect anomalous or malicious behavior. The lab comes with UBA already installed and configured. You learn to use the QRadar UBA Dashboard and how the application
can help you detect malicious user behavior. The lab also walks you through the investigation process and demonstrates the integration with QRadar Advisor with Watson. The QRadar Advisor with Watson app is also already installed and configured
in the lab. To learn more about QRadar Advisor with Watson, visit the dedicated section in the Security Learning Academy, where you can run the lab that is focused on QRadar Advisor with Watson. Finally, the lab walks you through tuning the rules for
user risky behavior by configuring the senseValue parameter.
UBA leverages the Machine Learning (ML) app to analyze risky user behavior. Because the Machine Learning part of the lab requires at least one week of historical data to properly analyze user behavior, it is not possible to demonstrate that feature in the lab that runs only about an hour. The machine learning part of QRadar UBA is covered in video training on the Security Leaning Academy.
This video walks you through how to secure access for Office365 with IBM Cloud Identity and MaaS360. Along with the end to end demonstration, this video also covers the following topics:
- why protect access to Office365
- requirements for securing Office365
- architecture overview for on mobile and an unmanaged device
- configuration steps to secure Office365
Duration: 35 minutes
Systems Integration Architect
A systems integration architect Is responsible for implementing integrated security solutions that support compliance, protect business assets, and combat security threats.