QRadar on Cloud (QRoC)
Getting Started with QRadar on Cloud
The total time required to complete this roadmap is 1h 33m.
This roadmap outlines fundamental courses intended for someone who works with IBM QRadar on Cloud (QRoC). These courses describe the fundamental differences in the deployment architecture between QRadar on Premise and QRadar on Cloud, and they describe
how to set up QRoC specific components.
If you are new to the QRadar ecosystem, make sure you include all the learning assets in the Getting started with QRadar roadmap.
Getting started with QRadar on Cloud
This course provides you with an initial overview of QRadar on Cloud and some important links to traverse your learning journey.
Differences in the deployment architecture
These courses describe the fundamental differences in the deployment architecture between QRadar on Premise and QRadar on Cloud.
Setting up QRoC and its components
These courses describe how to set up QRoC and its specific components.
This course provides an introduction to IBM Security QRadar on Cloud (QRoC) and describes the differences between QRoC and an on-premises deployment of QRadar SIEM. Both implementations are based on the same QRadar concepts.
The main differences are these:
- Some administrative tasks such as installation, patching, license management, and backups are outsourced as a service to the IBM QRoC DevOps Support team.
- The QRoC deployment architecture does not need components such as an Event Collector but requires a dedicated Data Gateway. The Data Gateway creates a secure connection between your QRoC instance and your on-premises locations to securely send information to QRoC for analysis.
Finally, this course presents some links to other relevant QRadar information.
This course addresses the following topics on IBM Security QRadar on Cloud:
- Overview and architecture
- Differentiating between QRadar on Cloud and on-premise
- Data Gateway
- Self Serve App
- Common questions and troubleshooting
- QRadar on Cloud and the IBM Security App Exchange
Learn how to install a Data Gateway for your IBM Security QRadar on Cloud instance. Also, learn how to troubleshoot common issues when you connect your Data Gateway to QRadar on Cloud.
Learn how to perform a variety of administrative tasks in the IBM Security QRadar on Cloud Self Serve app. Add users, review your deployment information, and create tokens for gateways and services.
Learn about how the architecture of IBM Security QRadar on Cloud differs from other QRadar deployments. Learn about the roles of Data Gateways and Disconnected Log Collectors in the QRoC architecture. Learn about using the QRoC Self Serve app to perform administrative tasks. Learn how to log in to QRoC. Learn about the benefits of QRoc. Finally, learn about the differences between QRoC and other QRadar deployments.
In this video, you learn how to set up and use the IBM Disconnected Log Collector (DLC), which is a free-of-charge event collector that can work independently of QRadar.