IBM QRadar enables you to
minimize the time gap between when a suspicious activity occurs and when
you detect it. Attacks and policy violations leave their footprints in
log events and network flows of your IT systems. To connect the dots,
correlates these scattered events and flows into offenses that alert
you to suspicious activities. Using the skills taught in this course,
you will be able to thoroughly understand and configure QRadar rules,
work with reference data, and create and manage uncommon log sources.
- Create and manage uncommon log source types
- Leverage reference data collections
- Develop and manage custom rules
- Develop and manage custom action scripts
- Develop and manage anomaly detection rules
IBM QRadar SIEM provides deep visibility into network, user, and application activity. It provides collection, normalization, correlation, and secure storage of events, flows, assets, and vulnerabilities. Suspected attacks and policy breaches are highlighted
as offenses. In this course, you learn to navigate the user interface and how to investigate offenses. You search and analyze the information from which QRadar SIEM concluded a suspicious activity. Hands-on exercises reinforce the skills learned.
- Describe how QRadar SIEM collects data to detect suspicious activities
- Describe the QRadar SIEM component architecture and data flows
- Navigate the user interface
- Investigate suspected attacks and policy breaches
- Search, filter, group, and analyze security data
- Investigate the vulnerabilities and services of assets
- Use network hierarchies
- Locate custom rules and inspect actions and responses of rules
- Analyze offenses created by QRadar SIEM
- Use index management
- Navigate and customize the QRadar SIEM dashboard
- Use QRadar SIEM to create customized reports
- Use charts and filters
- Use AQL for advanced searches
- Analyze a real world scenario
This roadmap provides a QRadar platform overview and explains core concepts and functionality. This roadmap uses five pathways for navigation.
These courses introduce you to basic QRadar concepts and architecture.
These courses explain the functional components and core concepts of QRadar.
These courses introduce you to the extensibility of the QRadar platform through deployment of additional apps.
IBM Digital badges provide valuable credentials that prove the skills you have obtained in a specific role.
Commercial courses cover a broad range of fundamental tasks.Tasks are described in the course summary of each course. If you prefer an instructor-led training program, these commercial courses are for you. The topics covered in the commercial courses can also be studied through Security Learning Academy online courses.
QRadar SIEM Administrator
QRadar Administrators deploy, configure, and maintain the overall QRadar infrastructure based on a holistic deployment architecture. They further maintain all operational tasks to ensure that the QRadar solution performs according to the key performance indicators.
These courses teach you how to perform operational tasks for your QRadar environment.
These courses teach you how to implement extensions and enhancements in your QRadar environment.
These courses teach you how to perform basic troubleshooting tasks in your QRadar environment.
QRadar SIEM Analyst
QRadar SIEM Analysts are responsible for monitoring security incidents, investigating security event log information and network flows, scheduling vulnerability scanning, and coordinating remediation activities.
These courses teach you how to investigate and remediate security threats in your IT environment Operational Tasks
QRadar SIEM Architect
QRadar SIEM Architects work in unison with IT Security Architects in an organization to design the holistic QRadar deployment architecture by integrating important log sources, network flows, assets, and user population.