This category contains integration scenarios that use IBM Security Intelligence products.
System Integrations Courses:
This video series demonstrates integration between IBM MaaS360 and IBM QRadar SIEM. It includes the following demonstrations:
- MaaS360 and QRadar Integration overview
- Sending MaaS360 events to QRadar SIEM
- Installing the MaaS360 app
- Using QRadar Action Script with MaaS360 API
Prerequisites: This video series assumes that you have the following skills:
- Basic knowledge of QRadar SIEM concepts
- Basic knowledge of the MaaS360 portal
- Basic knowledge of Python scripting
For more information about these topics, visit the QRadar SIEM and MaaS360 roadmaps in the Security Learning Academy.
This course teaches you how to take advantage of the information posted in IBM X-Force Exchange (XFE) platform by using the API, curl tool, and python language.
The course also demonstrates integration between XFE and QRadar SIEM using XFE SDK and direct integration or Threat Intelligence Application and TAXII endpoints.
- Learn how to leverage the X-Force Exchange API, curl tool, and python scripts to pull threat data from the X-Force Exchange platform
- Install the Threat Intelligence app in QRadar SIEM
- Test the API using online documentation
- Use curl commands and the X-Force Exchange API documentation to simulate browser requests
- Write a python script that uses X-Force Exchange API code
- Use TAXII feeds, collections, and the QRadar Threat Intelligence app to integrate the X-Force Exchange API and QRadar SIEM
- Configure threat data feeds to monitor and detect ransomware outbreaks
This course includes two technical demonstrations that highlight how Carbon Black Response and IBM QRadar SIEM integrate to quickly detect, respond, and remediate live security incidents. This integration is part of the long standing strategic partnership between Carbon Black and IBM.
This course consists of a set of videos related to basic LDAP topics.
The course is focused on IBM Security Directory Server, but the concepts
are applicable to any LDAP v3 compliant directory. You learn about LDAP
suffixes, directory information tree, object classes and attributes.
The videos demonstrate basic LDAP commands: search, add, modify and
delete. The video also explains concept of LDIF flies.
Learn how i2 Analyst's Notebook QRadar Offense investigator provides integration between QRadar SIEM and i2 Analyst's Notebook.
- Part 1 demonstrates the integration of QRadar Advisor with Watson with Resilient functionality. QRadar with Watson provides artificial intelligence to automatically investigate and provide insights to threat indicators and related entities. Integration with Resilient allows the security analyst to automatically track and enrich incident artifacts and reporting.
- Part 2 demonstrates how to use Resilient as a workflow automation tool to enhance the analyst's ability to manage the response to the more complex threats that require more than the actions allowed directly from within QRadar.
This course shows you how to integrate a scanner, such as IBM Security AppScan, with QRadar SIEM. This integration can help you correlate vulnerabilities discovered by the scanner with other log sources, such as IBM XGS, to protect your network assets from the attack at the application level.
The IBM Security Immune System looks at a security portfolio in an organized fashion - as an integrated framework of security capabilities that transmits and ingests vital security data to help gain visibility, understand, and prioritize threats, and coordinate multiple layers of defense. At its core, the system automates policies and block threats - just as the human immune system can assess and identify a virus and then trigger an immune response.
The MITRE ATT&CK Framework is a globally-accessible knowledge base of advisory tactics and techniques based on real-world observations.
The ATT&CK knowledge base is used as a foundation for the development of specific threat models and methodologies in the private sector, in government, and in the cybersecurity product and services community.
This video provides and overview of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework, followed by a discussion of how IBM Resilient and other IBM Security products use MITRE ATT&CK with a live demonstration and a Q&A.
This lab demonstrates bidirectional integration of IBM® QRadar® SIEM and IBM® Guardium®. QRadar SIEM collects the logs from various devices in enterprise networks. The logs are received through connectors called Device Support Module (DSM). QRadar has a DSM for Guardium. That DSM enables QRadar to receive and process logs from Guardium.
Alternatively, Guardium has an API that provides an option for QRadar to react to certain events detected by QRadar, and send Guardium those commands to adjust the database policy to properly react to the event. For example, if QRadar detects that the source IP from an internal network is communicating with an IP address classified as the Botnet Server, it can send a command to Guardium to block any access to the database from the same IP address. The call from QRadar to Guardium can be done using the Custom Actions feature of QRadar or using IBM Security Directory Integrator® (IDI) that acts as the proxy; transforming various events from QRadar into Guardium API calls.
This IDI solution uses custom
developed code that IBM provides as-is without any support and
maintenance commitments. You can download the code from the Security
Learning Academy in the Additional Resources section of this course.
course demonstrates how IBM i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis (EIA) and
IBM i2 Analyst's Notebook can enrich the analysis of an IBM QRadar
offense by curating and importing data from several disparate sources
into the EIA Information Store. In this use case, data from multiple
sources is imported into i2 Analyst's Notebook where you use link
analysis to uncover connections and networks among different entities as
well as behavior patterns.
Among the topics that you will cover in this course are:
- Using the Offense Investigator app to bring a QRadar offense into i2 Analyst's Notebook (ANB) and expanding on an offense
- Connecting to (EIA) from i2 Analyst's Notebook to to find data using Search and Visual Search tools from the Home toolbar
- Using Expand and Expand with Conditions to bring linked items from the EIA Information Store into an ANB chart to visualize connections
- Using i2 Analyst's Notebook analysis tools and the Analyze toolbar features like Search, List Items, Bar Charts and Histograms, Find Connecting Network
- Bringing data from multiple sources into one analytical investigation to shut down security breaches and to find out who is behind them and why