This category contains integration scenarios that use IBM Security Intelligence products.
System Integrations Courses:
This lab demonstrates bidirectional integration of IBM® QRadar® SIEM and IBM® Guardium®. QRadar SIEM collects the logs from various devices in enterprise networks. The logs are received through connectors called Device Support Module (DSM). QRadar has a DSM for Guardium. That DSM enables QRadar to receive and process logs from Guardium.
Alternatively, Guardium has an API that provides an option for QRadar to react to certain events detected by QRadar, and send Guardium those commands to adjust the database policy to properly react to the event. For example, if QRadar detects that the source IP from an internal network is communicating with an IP address classified as the Botnet Server, it can send a command to Guardium to block any access to the database from the same IP address. The call from QRadar to Guardium can be done using the Custom Actions feature of QRadar or using IBM Security Directory Integrator® (IDI) that acts as the proxy; transforming various events from QRadar into Guardium API calls.
This IDI solution uses custom
developed code that IBM provides as-is without any support and
maintenance commitments. You can download the code from the Security
Learning Academy in the Additional Resources section of this course.
course demonstrates how IBM i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis (EIA) and
IBM i2 Analyst's Notebook can enrich the analysis of an IBM QRadar
offense by curating and importing data from several disparate sources
into the EIA Information Store. In this use case, data from multiple
sources is imported into i2 Analyst's Notebook where you use link
analysis to uncover connections and networks among different entities as
well as behavior patterns.
Among the topics that you will cover in this course are:
- Using the Offense Investigator app to bring a QRadar offense into i2 Analyst's Notebook (ANB) and expanding on an offense
- Connecting to (EIA) from i2 Analyst's Notebook to to find data using Search and Visual Search tools from the Home toolbar
- Using Expand and Expand with Conditions to bring linked items from the EIA Information Store into an ANB chart to visualize connections
- Using i2 Analyst's Notebook analysis tools and the Analyze toolbar features like Search, List Items, Bar Charts and Histograms, Find Connecting Network
- Bringing data from multiple sources into one analytical investigation to shut down security breaches and to find out who is behind them and why
This course teaches you how to take advantage of the information posted in IBM X-Force Exchange (XFE) platform by using the API, curl tool, and python language.
The course also demonstrates integration between XFE and QRadar SIEM using XFE SDK and direct integration or Threat Intelligence Application and TAXII endpoints.
- Learn how to leverage the X-Force Exchange API, curl tool, and python scripts to pull threat data from the X-Force Exchange platform
- Install the Threat Intelligence app in QRadar SIEM
- Test the API using online documentation
- Use curl commands and the X-Force Exchange API documentation to simulate browser requests
- Write a python script that uses X-Force Exchange API code
- Use TAXII feeds, collections, and the QRadar Threat Intelligence app to integrate the X-Force Exchange API and QRadar SIEM
- Configure threat data feeds to monitor and detect ransomware outbreaks