IBM i2 Base
IBM i2 Base Courses:
This video shows you how you can use iBase to convert phone numbers using format logic into the following different formats:
- If a phone number is 10 characters long, the format will be (999) 999-9999
- If a phone number is 7 characters long, the format will be 999-9999
- If a phone number is any other length than 7 or 10 characters, then leave as is 9999999999.
The IBM i2 Product Support team takes you through the i2 iBase product must gather information you may need to provide to get assistance with your support case.
Duration: 7 minutes
The two videos provide a walk-through on:
- how to create a SQL view to import into IBM i2 iBase, and
- how to import the SQL view into IBM i2 iBase
This course explains how to perform silent installations for iBase and all iBase components. A silent installation lets you install a software program unattended.
Duration: 15 minutes
- Define the environment for upgrading and migrating
- Provide the best practices to use for upgrading and migrating
- Know the steps to upgrade and migrate i2 iBase
- Understand what changes you need to make before a backup of the database
- Know how to perform the datasbase backup and restore
- Provide steps to configure the database
- Understand how to restart Search 360 and Alerts
In this video, you will learn how to move and restore an iBase SQL database from one server to another server. You will be using the IBM i2 iBase Designer to perform this move and restore.
This video shows you how to use the Assign Icons function in iBase. Use Assign Icons to specify an icon (or change the icon shade color) to:
- an entity
- the result of a Query
- a set
This video shows you how to use the Soft Delete feature of the IBM i2 iBase software.
This feature allows you to be able to restore deleted records, if the records were deleted accidentally.
Duration: 10 minutes
This video explains the multiple links function in iBase, which is located in the iBase New menu.
This function allows you to quickly and rapidly create multiple links between one specified entity and a group of other entities.
Duration: 7 minutes
- Understand how to prepare entities so that you can place the entities in an ESRI map using iBase
- Know how to move the entities into an ESRI map in Analyst's Notebook
- Understand how to place entities on an ESRI Map
- Know how resolve an issue if the entity does not appear on the map
This video is part 2 of a two part series on what's new in version 9.0.0 of i2 Analyst's Notebook and i2 Analyst's Notebook Premium. In this video, you will be shown how to:
- connect data sources to i2 Analyst's Notebook
- access information in i2 Analyze through the Intelligence Portal
- access data from i2 i Base database
- move i2 Analyst's Notebook task panes
- use the File menu options
- access and change the quick access bar menu
- hide the i2 Analyst's Notebook ribbon interface
In some cases, it is not possible to create Search 360 jobs using the IBM i2 iBase Index Service Configuration Tool due to the server being in a cluster. In those circumstances a job can be created directly in Microsoft SQL Server Agent in the SQL Server Management tool.