Setup guides will get admins up and running with some of the most popular EMM features available today, including Apples Device Enrollment Program (DEP) and Android Enterprise.
Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP)
What is DEP - A streamlined enrollment service offered by Apple for organizationally owned devices. For more information, please visit Apple pages here
Enabling the Device Enrollment Program (DEP) using MaaS360 and Apple’s DEP Portal
Step 1: Configure the DEP options in the MaaS360 Portal
To configure the DEP options, perform the following steps:
1. Log into MaaS360 (https://login.maas360.com/). DEP Is Enabled By default for all clients
2. Dep Is enabled by default for all new clients. For older portals that have never enabled the feature, navigated to Setup-->Settings-->Stay in the Device Enrollment Settings pane and navigate to "Advanced"
3. From the same "Device Enrollment Settings" pane select Enrollment Programs and click "Apple Device Enrollment Program"
4. Follow the steps to download and save the MaaS360 public key. This is required for Apple to generate an MDM token to link the MaaS360 MDM server with Apple. Keep this window open. The next step of steps will give you a token that you must upload from this window.
Step 2: Enroll your organization in DEP using the Apple DEP Portal
Next, perform the following steps in the Apple DEP Portal. This step requires enrollment in the Apple Deployment Program. If you are not enrolled in ADP, see below links for more information. Enablement typically takes up to 5 days.
Apple’s DEP Home Page: http://www.apple.com/business/dep/
Apple’s DEP Guide: http://images.apple.com/business/docs/DEP_Guide.pdf
After your enrollment is complete
2. On the home screen of the Apple portal, select "MDM Servers" and "Add New MDM Server"
3. Fill out the required info (server name can be arbitrary) and upload the public key from MaaS360
4. Download the MDM Server token and select Done.
Step 3: Update the token in the MaaS360 Portal
1. Upload the Server token to MaaS360 from the open window in the MaaS360 Portal.
2. As soon as the token is uploaded, MaaS360 uses the token generated in the process and finds all the devices available for DEP. The list of associated device serial numbers is then displayed in the MaaS360 Portal.
Each device has to be assigned a profile which defines the way in which fresh device is setup. MaaS360 refreshes serial numbers automatically every 4 hours, or on demand by using the refresh button.
NOTE: MaaS360 supports multiple DEP tokens for enterprises using more than 1 Apple DEP account/portal. To configure multiple tokens, repeat this process for each DEP account required.
3. To assign a DEP profile to a device manually, click the ‘Assign Profile’ option.
4. To create a profile for the streamlined enrollment, click the Profiles Option, then the Add Profile option. This profile will allow to define the following based on your requirements, and is also synchronized to Apple’s servers.
• Profile configuration options:
Profile Name: Display name of the profile
Require MDM Enrollment: This will require users to enroll their device with MaaS360 during the
Supervise Device: This will allow you to take advantage of the additional supervised policy options
available in MaaS360.
Authenticate User: This will prompt the user to authenticate during devices set up. After the set
up they will receive their assigned settings and content, like policies, rules, apps and docs.
NOTE: This is only supported on devices running iOS 7.1 or higher
Allow iTunes Pairing: This will allow the user to sync their device to iTunes
Skip Setup Items: Skip items such as Location, Apple ID, Siri, Touch ID, Restore, TOS and
Set a Department Name
Set a Support Phone Number
Set Assignment: A profile may be assigned to None, All Devices or All unassigned devices.